Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Crab Stuffed Potatoes

6 Large baking potatoes
Vegitable oil
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 pound fresh lump crab meat (or 6 ounce can lump crab meat, drained)
1/4 cup finely sliced green onions
2 tablespoons fine, dry breadcrumbs
1/4 paprika
1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning

Wash spuds, and rub skins with vegetable oil. Prick each spud several times with a fork and bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour or until done. Let cool. Cut a 1 inch lengthwise strip from the top of each spud. Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4 inch shell intact: mash pulp.

Combine pulp, butter and next 5 ingredients; gently stir in lump crab meat and green onions. Stuff shells with potatoe mixture. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning. Bake stuffed spuds at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Yeild: 6 servings

Note - I couldn't find Old Bay seasoning at any of the stores I went to so I just used dill weed in its place.

3 comments:

Shelese said...

YUM!! Thanks Allison!

Shelese said...

Wow pretty blog Brooke!! I love the new set up! I miss your Girls just Wanna have Fun music though, that was the coolest.

Shelese said...

Yay!!! Thanks for the song back! You're the best. Can't wait to see you all Wednesday.